TOPICS IN TODAY'S UPDATE
- Special Communication from MBA Research
- Online Learning Program Suggestions
- Teach DECA: Job Search Unit Now Posted
- DECA Direct: ICDC 2020 Cancellation Frequently Asked Questions
- Teach DECA Drip: Professional Selling Events
SPECIAL COMMUNICATION FROM MBA RESEARCH
Read here for a communication from MBA Research on some great online resources!
ONLINE LEARNING PROGRAM SUGGESTIONS
Below are some ideas for some online learning programs that you can use:
- EdPuzzle - Video engagement program, works great with Google Classroom
- Zoom Videoconferencing software - now free for K-12 classrooms
- screencast-o-matic - turn slides into an instructional video
- FlipGrid.com - video creation and submission
- peergrade.com - peer to peer editing
- competitionuniversity: not free, but great marketing and DECA online prep resources
- https://www.polleverywhere.com/ - Interactive polls/Q&A/etc.
- TedEd https://ed.ted.com/educator?user_by_click=educator
- BusinessU is EXTENDING IT'S FREE TRIAL PERIOD UNTIL THE END OF THE SEMESTER!
TEACH DECA: JOB SEARCH UNIT NOW POSTED
The Job Search Unit is now posted in Unit Two | Career Development. Each lesson includes PowerPoint, student engagement activities, practice resources and a quiz. Should you need to, the PowerPoints can easily be recorded using screencast-o-matic for online lessons.
DECA DIRECT: ICDC 2020 CANCELLATION FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Questions about where we go from here? Check out this list of frequently asked questions for some answers!
TEACH DECA DRIP: PROFESSIONAL SELLING EVENTS
If you have not yet looked at the Professional Selling and Consulting events, now is a great time to do so. There is a PowerPoint, student worksheet, and formative assessment on Teach DECA | Unit Two. Take it a step further, and have all of your students do one of the 3 event options as a project and then present to the class using zoom video conferencing software. You can use the actual competitive event evaluation as your scoring rubric. The topic will change for next year, so this will be great practice in these events. Best part yet, it meets "demonstrate knowledge of the sales process" as a marketing standard!